Epoxy Table Top

So for Christmas I decided to redo the top of our coffee table. I had never done epoxy before, but I had watched many YouTube videos. I figured it was easy and I could do it. 

I picked a font that was disconnected so that I didn't have to cut out a hole. I printed out the letters on paper then cut them out. I traced the letters onto the wood and cut them out using my jigsaw. Then I danced then until they were nice and smooth. 

Next, I built a frame. I put triangles in the corners to be able to connect to the metal base.

I poured one layer of epoxy. Then I put the letters and glass pebbles in. After this I did several more layers of epoxy. (Pouring epoxy is not as easy as they make it look on YouTube) 

The finished table looks nice. Just don't look to close. It's probably just me, since I know where the mistakes are. 

Comments

Popular Posts