Built-in Cabinets

We had a bookshelf in our living room mostly filled with games. We bought a new couch after Christmas and the bookshelf had to go. Instead of just moving it we decided to make built in cabinets. 

I removed the carpet and padding. We eventually want to do purgo in front if the cabinets so we didn't want them on top of the carpet. 

After I have cut and painted all the wood I got out my trusty nail gun and went to work. The cabinets were also going to cover a plugin so I rewired it next to the light switch on the right and in the corner of the cabinets on the left. 

We bought a 2"x20"x16' board and cut it in half, then routered it together to make the top. 

Doors were added to finish the project. It had been quite nice to put our stuff in and it's out of site. Also the plug on the left just under the lip had been a great place for our kids to charge their tablets. 

Comments

Popular Posts